In part (3) of the business process engineering and SDLC series , we have seen “What is Business Process Engineering (BPE)” .In this important part-4 of business process engineering and SDLC series we are going to look at some very important key aspects that can be declared as Business Process Engineering Principles. All these are the important aspects to be very carefully look for and to be implemented and taken in account when following the business process engineering approach in the industry.
Business Process Engineering (BPE) Principles.
- Organize around outcomes, not tasks.
- Have those who use the output of the process perform the process.
- Incorporate information processing work into the real work that produces the raw information.
- Treat geographically dispersed resources as though they were centralized.
- Link parallel activities instead of integrated their results,
- When different put the decision point where the work is performed, and build control into the process.
- Capture data once, at its source.
we have looked at some important Business Process Engineering Principles. In part-5 of the business process engineering and SDLC series , we will look at “What to do for Business Process Engineering (BPE)”.